HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 3

From:
ROGER SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ROGER SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 19:58:36 -0600
> Ewart North wrote:
[snip]

> > My user is now saying "why can't we do this on a transaction by
> > transaction basis?"  I think what he means is to closely link the
two
> > systems so that the SOP (9k) checks codes which exist in Image on
the 3k
> > so that mis-postings can be eliminated earlier in the processing
cycle.

> > My questions-
> > Is this scenario possible?  If so what do I need on each machine to
> > accomplish this?
> > What are the consequences (if any) for response on either or both
> > machines?

Ewart, a solution for this is Bridgeware.  This product from Quest
SoftWare and Taurus Software will allow you to NFS mount the HP9000
drives on the HP3000.  It can also capture the Image database
intrinistics and shadow then to a message file.  The Taurus Warehouse
product can read the message file, other data on the HP3000 and then
update a database on the HP3000.  It can go the other way by reading a
table on the HP9000 and then updating the Image database on the HP3000.

We are in the process of developing an application with it.  Though we
have not put it into production at this time, it does not seem to affect
our performance in our testing so far.