HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 2

From:
Bob Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:16:39 PST8PDT
We've had this problem for a few days on and off.

Users can't log on to our HP3000 947(5.5 Express 2) with NSVT.
Telnet(through a DTC) works fine.

Stopping and restarting Allbase ARPA listener allowed NSVT sessions
to logon.  This morning even that wouldn't work.

Checked with sockinfo and SERVER.APACHE had 48 sockets(and PINS)
active(or open or control of or whatever term is appropriate).

Stopping and restarting Apache server allowed NSVT session to logon
again.   I think Apache was the problem before as well and the
stopping/starting of Allbase listener cleared enough resources to
allow NSVT to work again.

Anyone seen this behaviour before or have any hints as to where to
go from here?   I'm assuming a system shutdown and restart is
probably in order.

TIA, Bob.

--=--=--
Bob Walker, Computer Centre  --  [log in to unmask]
Capilano College, North Vancouver, BC, CANADA.
------