HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 2

From:
Jagdish Damania <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:23:43 -0800
Hi John

If it can be done from the JOB then you can schedule the job to start at
00:01.

If you do not want batch approach, then use reflection script ( rbs) or MS
script from Minisoft
to run the macro at predetermine time.
For this you require
    1 ) Reflection or Minisoft software.
    2 ) Windows based scheduler to launch your program at specified time.

HTH
Jagdish Damania

Gilles Schipper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>You can certainly use a batch job to launch a VPLUS program - as long as
>you redirect the VPLUS terminal via a file equation to the appropriate
>NAILED ldev no. of the block-mode capable terminal device.
<snip>................
>>How can I use a terminal as the standard input and output of program,
>>which is running from a _j_o_b_ ?
>>
>>I ask it because I have to do some changes on January 1, 12:01 a.m.,
>>when I am far, and the program, doing this changes runs normally from
>>a _s_e_s_s_i_o_n and uses a terminal in block mode.
>>

>>                        Regards
>>                                             Frank
Unfortunately, I don't think this (and the other e-mails to this list) was
the answer that Frank ws looking for.  He says that he will be "far".  I
presume this to mean that he wants the program to run as a job with the
inputs pre-programmed in some way.  Otherwise I don't see how it's going to
solve his problem of not being around.
I think the answer is (alas) that he either has to go in at 12.01 or he has
to dial in from wherever he is.
John D. Alleyn-Day
Alleyn-Day International
408-286-6421   408-286-6474 (Fax)