HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 2

From:
"SIMPKINS, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SIMPKINS, Terry
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 14:40:00 +0000
the console of a 927LX is displaying (in the function key line)
two alternating "error" messages.
   WARN EF40     and      WARN E040

also the "MIO" card in the box has a flashing light: Xcvt/Net Fail

This machine has no network connected.  The owner recently bought it
at an auction and asked me to see if it "worked".  I plugged it in and
it booted right up with no obvious errors.
Showme indicates User Version: B.40.00

Once I did that, and a listf, etc. to show it was in fact "breathing",
I left.  That was a couple of weeks ago, during which time the unit just
sat there happily idling away.  Now, the error message.
The machine is running, and I can do a listf, etc.
I did a shutdown and start norecovery.  Everything looked fine, it reached
"shut 6" fine, and no noticable problems during startup.

Any ideas???

Terry W. Simpkins