HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 2

From:
Ewan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ewan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:05:07 +1100
<Freeware Plug>

Zebra is an HP blockmode terminal emulator released as freeware under the
GNU General Public License. Zebra runs under MS windows. Zebra supports
most HP700/92 escape sequences and should run most VPLUS applications.
Connectivity is via serial link, modem or VT. The VT support is provided
via a subset of the FreeVT3K package, slightly modified to run with
Winsock.

Zebra allows VPLUS screens to be mapped to GUI controls (radio buttons,
check boxes etc).

This version of Zebra is of pre-beta quality and some of the functionality,
such as the GUI editor, is rather primitive. But as a standard emulator, it
is quite robust in my testing environment.

The Zebra executable and source code (in C++) may be downloaded from:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/2925/

This software has been developed in my spare time over the past 3 years
(you know, an hour here, an hour there). I have no doubt that Wirt's QCTerm
will soon surpass Zebra in functionality, but I thought I would release it
anyway as it has VT support and a proof-of-concept for GUI VPLUS (though
this is not really ready for prime-time). Also, since the source code is
available, it can be tailored to any special requirements.

Ewan Thompson.
</freeware plug>