HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 2

From:
Scott Swartzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Swartzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 22:54:36 MST
Good evening, all,

I have a problem with an account while running
in the shell.  When I do 'sh.hpbin.sys -L' I get:

tput: Unknown terminal "hp2392a".
tabs: Unknown terminal "hp2392a".

After this, from the shell/ix prompt, I can't use
more, or vi, among others.  I get the same kind of
error, about unknown terminal.

This all works fine from several other accounts,
but not from this one.  I've compared capabilities,
permissions, UDC's, etc, and I can't find a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look
at?  I've probably overlooked something REALLY
obvious here, or at least I'm hoping so.

Thanks,
Scott - sorry if the above doesn't make sense, it's
        been a looong day, with a lot of coffee, heh-heh (tm).

Scott Swartzell   TIS-ASO   590-2152

"Behold, the Princess Aurora!"
"What's her last name?  Borealis??"
      -Griffin, age 7, on 'Sleeping Beauty'