HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 2

From:
"Denys P. Beauchemin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip>.............

>Yup! He's one of the great minds of HP! Consider the effort that HP is
>quietly devoting to research and development in Cable Modems, and you'll
>geet a sense of how much influence Dr Birnbaum has within HP. Just imagine
>the things that he's NOT talking bout yet...

In my opinion, Cable Modems are a huge waste of time and effort. 25 years
ago, when I was working for a large engineering company, I did a
communication study on basically this subject. The same kind of ideas were
floating about then and it was pretty [...]41_12Dec199701:17:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 21:23:32 -0600
X-no-Archive:yes
Not to put to fine a point on it, but that would be Sir Edmund Hillary, not Edmond.  :->

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP America, Inc.
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
[log in to unmask]                             www.hicomp.com