HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 2

From:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 13:46:12 CST
On Thu, 11 Dec 1997 23:10:29 ARG, Eduardo J. Salom wrote:
|A friend has an old HP-3000 MPE-V and used AdvLink (DOS version) to to
|transfer files between the 3K and her PC.
|
|Now she changed her PC for a new HP-Brio which cames with W/95.
|This afternnon I spent, unsuccesfully, a couple of hours trying to
|configure AdvLink to run in the new PC.
|
|I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the display.
|
|Is there someone around who could know if the problem is with the W/95
|DOS or with de HP-Brio hardware? Any way to solve this problem?

It's been a long time since I fought this battle, but as I recall ADVLINK
will run only in FullScreen mode.  If you try to start it in a window or
switch it to window mode while it's running it crashes.
--
Jeff Woods
[log in to unmask] at Unison Software

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"
      --  H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927