HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 2

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 14:07:13 -0800
SIMPKINS, Terry writes:
> I just learned from the HPRC that without a patch (MPEJXP9), they cannot
> read DUMPS
> if you have used Stage/iX to apply previous patches.
> Has anyone else heard/experienced this?

Shortly after I upgraded to 5.5 we had some unreadable dumps.  Must have been
due to my immediate use of Stage/iX.

> They also say there are no plans they can see to include this patch in the
> upcoming Express 4, nor do they believe it was included in Express 3.
>
> Anyone care to shead some light here?

I believe MPEJXP9A came with my Express 3.  You can also download the patch
directly from the HP ESC.

It's been a long, long time since we've had any dumps; the last one would have
been pre-MPEJXP9A.
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/