HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 1

From:
Bruce Senn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 10:33:39 -0500
OK.  Here's an interesting question for all the MPE gurus.

A job which is running STORE requests that the operator reply with the
ldev of the tape drive.  The operator replies with the wrong drive, in
our case

     REPLY <pin>,7

when it should be

     REPLY <pin>,8

Ldev 7 is our 9-track drive and ldev 8 is the 4mm drive.  This is the
end-of-month store of all the SYSPAK/SYSPLAN log files so it takes a
lot of tape.  Using the 9-track is a bad idea because it would take
several tapes and several hours.

So, the question is, "Is there a way to change the REPLY???", that is
without aborting the job and starting over.

I ended up looking at the input spoolfile, thank you ESPUL and JMS,
cutting the text off the screen, and making a new job file.  Then I
streamed the new job file.

Just wondering if there was another way.

Bruce.

   Bruce J. Senn                             Phone:  (518) 388-6664
   Senior System Manager                     FAX:    (518) 388-6458
   Union College                   Internet:  [log in to unmask]
   Schenectady, NY 12308