HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 1

From:
jim calkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jim calkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 11:21:35 -0600
Andreas Schmidt wrote:

> we bought Time Machine after a comparison to HourGlass.
>
> Reason: it's cheaper, much easier to handle.
> Disadvantage: some 3rd Party S/W like Qedit cannot work with this (we need

We've been able to use the exclude file Time Machine uses
(TMEXCL.PUB.SSS) to get around the problem with QEDIT and other products
not running with a simulated date.

We've also been able to start the product (ex: SUPRTOOL), then run Time
Machine with the MPE prompt from within SUPRTOOL and have SUPRTOOL
recognize the simulated date.

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of my
employer.