HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 1

From:
Juan Pineiro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Juan Pineiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:06:41 -0500
We've got this file.  When we print it on a serially attached impact
printer alignment and page ejects look good.  We send the same file to a
laser jet 4si attached to our network across town using spoolmate.  To
achieve the correct orientation I've sent PCL code in the first record
of the file.  Orientation looks good, but now page ejects are not work.
We don't own an environment manager on this system so I can't use
environment files.
The escapes code is Ec&l0O. We are sending the file with CCTL.
If we send the file to the printer without the escape code, orientation
is wrong, but page ejects appear to work fine.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?