HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 1

From:
WirtAtmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WirtAtmar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 11:45:41 EST
Chad Gilles writes:

> Can someone give me the escape sequence to put a 700/92 or 700/94
>  terminal into 132 column mode, and then the escape sequence to put it
>  back in 80 column mode.
>
>  I can't find this in any of my manuals.

Perhaps one of the side benefits of the QCTerm project is that a reasonably
complete (at about the 98% level) chart of HP terminal escape sequences is now
on-line at:

     http://www.aics-research.com/qcterm/escape.html

The sequences that aren't present in the chart are those that deal with such
items as the capacity to change text colors (a capability supported in only a
very few terminals) and some of the more elaborate (and rarely used) field
formats in 700/98-like terminals.

The middle column of the chart references our current level of support in
QCTerm for the particular sequence, thus that can be ignored if you're just
looking up a sequence. One not-so-small advantage of having the chart on-line
is that it can be searched using your browser's find command.

Wirt Atmar