HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 1

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 07:26:14 -0800
Jeff Boehlert writes:

>>> Jeff Boehlert <[log in to unmask]> 12/01/97 11:01pm >>>
Please tell me there is a way !?!?

Is there a way that query can observe CIUPDATE=ALLOWED and allow
one to
change critical items. I really don't want to have to jump through all
the hoops of getting exclusive access, go into DBUTIL and set
CIUPDATE=ON..blah blah blah... There has to be an easier way.
I can't think of any direct command in Query to do a DBCONTROL
mode=5, however may the question should be, why do you have
CIUPDATE=ALLOWED instead of ON.  If your application logic approves
of the changing of a search or sort item to a different value, why go
through the hassle of call DBCONTROL first before calling DBUPDATE?
Have the application control key changes, not Image return statuses.

Mike Berkowitz
Guess? Inc.