HP3000-L Archives

December 1997, Week 1

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:24:02 -0800
Hi Phil,
   You might want to check the archives for the listserv... I asked the question
a while back of what the temp was where the 3k would down itself... and got some
really great info :)

Art "Air Conditioner is doing great now :) " Bahrs

>>> James Trudeau <[log in to unmask]> 12/04/97 01:25pm >>>
Phil,

Don't know what card it's on or even if it's on a card, but it/they work
quite well on a 3000 987.  Not real bright though, just shuts it off.
Found out the hard way.

I can't speak for all HP 9000 boxes but the K series has a thermal
shutdown function.  Warns you at 95 F, warns again at 100 F, and
shuts down at 104 F.  Don't know if it's "bright" or not as I have yet
to experiance the pleasure of one of these shutdowns.  Also I'm
going by memory on the temps as I don't have a manual handy.

Regards,
Jim Trudeau
Computer Sciences Corp
Harlingen, Tx