HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 5

From:
Curt Brimacomb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curt Brimacomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 20:42:12 -0700
Thats right.  You can never tell where a spammer is actually coming from
without alot of work going thru e-mail log files.  They always use bogus
return addresses, so that you only piss off someone else when you actual
respond to it.  And as far as finding the ISP is concerned, it could be
coming from an ISP's mail server only as a relay from some place else.

Curt Brimacomb
                                                      www.magiclink.com
System Manager
                                                    www.magiclink.com/we
b/curt
Idaho Computer Services, Inc.                               Fax: (208)
733-9663
Twin Falls, Id 83303-0446                                       Voice:
(208) 734-2245