HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 4

From:
Larry Liska <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Liska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 06:28:53 GMT
Steve Bagdon <[log in to unmask]> wrote in article

> >I'm the proud new owner of a Series 37, a "classic" system.  My college
had
> >a huge HP-3000, and I did many a homework assignment on it.  So, I
jumped
> >at the chance to rescue my Series 37 from the dumpster.  Quite a
> >conversation piece!
>
> I've worked on a Micro 37, and if these two devices are the same, a
conversation
> piece is all I could image using it for! The thing would fall to it's
knees with
> 3 online users and one batch job, if we were printing. Then again, I'd
probably
> get it working again, just to make my friends wonder... :)
>
> Steve B.

My previous employer had both a Micro 3000 and the Series 37, as well as a
newer RISC machine (a 7xx model??)  They were going to dump the 37, so it
eventually ended up in my house.  The ironic part is that a couple of years
ago, I dumped all my college HP-3000 notes, manual photocopies, etc during
a move, thinking I'd never use it again... :-)

The Micro 3000 was cool, as it had an ethernet adapter, as well as more
serial ports.  I think the Micro 3000 was a newer machine.

lcl