HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 4

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 11:04:50 -0800
John Burke writes:

> I've had the Apach/iX server job running for over two months, using it
> in primarilly a test mode for a possible Intranet server. During this
> time, I've made numerous changes to NMMGR, none of which has affected
> the operation of the Apache/iX server. Just for the heck of it (actually
> testing procedures), I aborted the server and now when I try to start it
> up, I get the following message:
>
>  :run HTTPD;info='-f /APACHE/PUB/conf/httpd.conf'
>
>  httpd: cannot determine local host name.
>  Use ServerName to set it manually.
>
> Any ideas what I could have done to break Apache/iX?

I would go into NMMGR, open config, and then see what you have in the Local
Node Name field on that first screen.  I suspect that's where the POSIX
routines get the local host name from.  Do a "/bin/uname -n" to see what
POSIX thinks the local host name is.
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/