HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 4

Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:29:50 CST
Hi, Chris.

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:12:02 -0500, Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
|  Is there a BACKREST floating around that I can run on my MPE/iX system
|and restore stuff off the old CM BACKPACK tape?

<plug?>
BACKPACK & BACKREST only work on classic MPE/V systems.  BPXL & BPXLREST,
their NM counterparts, will read BP tapes from MPE/V or MPE/XL systems.
BPXL & BPXLREST were superceded by RoadRunner and are no longer supported
for backing up a system, but we still support reading old archive type
tapes, as you might expect.  Therefore, BPXL is included on all RoadRunner
shipments.  If you have RoadRunner, you can use the BPXL there to restore
the BackPack/V files.  If you need BPXL we can simply send you a demo of
RoadRunner which will include it.  Contact our support group via email at
[log in to unmask] or by phone at 512-478-0611 to arrange for it.
</plug>

|                                                I tried www.unison.com and
|ftp.unison.com but things must be tied up (waaaay slow - gave up waiting).

I'll pass along your comments to our MIS group about the net services.
Thanks.
--
Jeff Woods
[log in to unmask] at Unison Software

"Words, as is well known, are great foes of reality."
      --  Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)