HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 3

From:
Bruce Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:21:38 -0700
Hello. I have a need to have our HP system dial out and send a message
to one of our programmers to let them know if a specific job fails to run. I
can set a specific program to run at a certain time from within the job
itself and then just before the job logs off I can then programmatically go
out and delete the scheduled job. The scheduled job would be the job
that actually places the phone call. This would take place if for any
reason the job 'flushes' and doesn't continue.  What I don't know how to
do is the programming for the modem to place the call. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. TIA  btw...we do most of our programming in HP
Pascal if this helps.

Bruce Leonard