HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:39:48 -0800
Alfredo raises some questions about Interex...

> The fifth topic reads:
>
> >SUBMIT A PAPER TO HP WORLD '98
> >
> >As a member of the Hewlett-Packard computing community, you are
> >Web site at http://www.hpworld.org/cfp98/ or call 1-800-INTEREX, or e-mail

Alfredo asks:
> The question still lingered way back in my mind, though:  Where is a
> mention of OTHER hot news, just to provide the *appearance* that Interex
> did not get a millionaire grant from Microsoft?  I am sure Interex did not,
> but it certainly *appears* that there is a lot of Microsoft-centric
> material  :-)
>

> If Interex is going to cover "more than just the HP3000" (to pick one

My question is...is Interex (HPWORLD 98) even going to *consider* the
HP 3000?  You sure can't tell from the "call for papers" that Alfredo
quoted.  (There's also no mention of the 9000 or 1000, but...I don't care :)

So, I thought...maybe I should look at the web pages, surely they'll mention
the 3000!  (or the 9000)

Barely once (if you exclude a checklist)

Perhaps my "favorite" Interex web page is: http://www.hpworld.org/HPworld98/cfpform.html
with the checklist:

   HP-UX   Windows NT   Personal Computing   Internet Technologies   MPE/iX or MPE V    Development Tools
   Databases/Dataware Tools   Real-Time   Networking   Emerging Technologies

Well, golly, at least we ranked fifth out of 10...we could have come in dead last!

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html