HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 3

From:
Gary Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Dietz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:19:46 -0800
This is not currently possible, since there is no job card (they must be
building it dynamically) for you to edit.  However, when I asked this
question on this list a few months back, Lars Appel indicated that he had
heard that this capability would be available in the MPE/iX Express 3
release.  I just browsed through my Communicator and didn't see it in there
anywhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't really included
in Express 3.  Perhaps one of the HP folks can clarify this?

One current option, as provided by Doug Werth in response to my earlier
query, is to use LINKEDIT's ALTPROG command to alter HPDADVR.PUB.SYS and
put it permanently in the DQ (or EQ) that way.

Gary Dietz
Whitman College

>>> Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]> 11/21/97 09:54am >>>
Hi Ron,
    I think you just have to put a ";INPRI=DS" on the job card at the start
of
the job :)  if not someone will correct me :) heheh

Art "TGIF says it all :) " Bahrs

>>> Ron Horner <[log in to unmask]> 11/21/97 08:45am >>>
This job runs in CS and I was asked how to change this to DS.  The ROM
doesn't have anything about changing queues.  I'm not even sure if this
will cause any problems.

Let me know, please....thanks!