HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 3

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 12:41:33 -0800
Hi Andy,
   Nope the spoolid's don't reset when there are spoolfiles in the Out Group of
the HPSPOOL account.  This is one ofthe big changes from the "old days".

Look up the SETCOUNTER command...I have it in the nightly backup job to reset
all my counters nightly.

Art "its raining Oregon Style out there...flood warnings already up??" Bahrs

>>> Andrew Lee <[log in to unmask]> 11/19/97 12:28pm >>>
Hi, Everyone:

Got a question for you. I was under the impression that doing a START
NORECOVERY reset SPOOLIDs and JOB #'s, but for some reason they
didn't reset on the last restart I did on our two systems. What gives?
I'm sure they've reset in the past.. or am I just losing it?

Also, does anyone know of a utility that allows you to reset these
things without a restart?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Andy
Andrew C. Lee
Systems Analyst, Information Services Division
CSUS Foundation, Inc.
California State University, Sacramento
Vmail: 916.278.4248
Email: [log in to unmask]