HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 3

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:02:48 -0800
On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, dennis wrote:

> how can i make a temp file permanent? i am compiling a quiz schema but it i
> can't get rid of where it puts the compiled version (which will overwrite
> the production schema) so it writes it to a temporary file. i need to test
> the new schema. i tried copy both on mpe and vesoft but i can't figure it
> out! i already have done this copying before but i forgot :(
> any help will be appreciated.

I think the solution in this case is to give your schema a different name
in the text file that you use.  In good old QDD it was BUILD followed by
the filename.)  If you are letting the BUILD command default it will
attempt to build it with a default filename which may very well be the
same name your production schema uses.  Alternatively you can try
building it from a different group, then the same name won't conflict.

I'm not sure if PDL also uses the BUILD command, but my guess is it is
probably similar.

There is also a Powerhouse Listserver at [log in to unmask],
although this is not the subcripton address.  I'm sure if you send a
message there once some subscriber will come back to tell you how to
subscribe.

Tracy Johnson
Computer Associates International Inc.
(Opinions expressed on public forums
such as list-servers are mine and are
not representative of my employer.)
(For interactive games...)
Minister of Propaganda, Justin Thyme Productions
"Semper Pollus"
 ADC-2239-5531