HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 2

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:24:59 +0200
Denys

Your scanned pics are really great - especially when viewed on an HP
Ergo 1280 monitor, driven by a Matrox Millenium card with 4MB of ram,
sitting in one of the PCI slots in an HP Vectra 500 Series Pentium 120,
and fetched swiftly and effortlessly by MS Explorer 4.0 running on top
of Windows '95B.

Even the link seemed faster than usual - in South Africa, we have a
monopoly problem with our telecommunications company and this is slowing
efforts to increase bandwidth.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your excellent discourses on the state of the
OS's and the ensuing arguments, and I agree with your point of view.

Regards

Neil Harvey