HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 2

From:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:05:31 -0700
Some older modems had dip switches inside their cases. I have
opened some in the past to change the switches. Of couse a manual
would be useful to know the meaning of switches.
(But of course, manuals are only neccessary when all else fails).

Being a Hayes (or compatable), all you need to do is send it
   ATS0=1
or  ATS0=1 &W

The register S0 (zero) is the number of rings to wait before answering.
The default value of zero means don't answer.
If the modem is new enough to have writable storage, the &W saves the setting
incase the modem is power cycled.

I believe you can do this with FCOPY. But never having done this (OK, more than once)
I am unworthy to guide you in this step. It seems to me that a similar topic recently
had an example of FCOPY to a modem port.

Something like
   FILE MODEM,NEW;DEV=###;ACC=OUT
   FCOPY FROM=;TO=*MODEM;SUBSET=0,1
   >ATS0=1 &W
   END OF PROGRAM

* Keven Miller   KC7LYD
* [log in to unmask]   (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA)