HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 2

From:
MTX MISMgr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MTX MISMgr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 07:55:33 GMT

>Anyone using the 4 gig hot swappable drives by Seagate?  Anyone using them
>as LDEV 1?  Would be interested in

I just installed 3 of them, none on LDEV 1 however, so far, im happy with them,
 they are smokin' fast compared to my 1.3's and my 2.0 drives, I also went with
 redundant power and fans in my rack even know im not using any other fault
 tolerant features.
The only anomoly that I came across was having to use a pseudo-name when doing
 the configurations. da' name in da' install manual didn't work, also, a jumper
 cable was missing from the shipment,   the RC helped me out
As far as reducing your 'spindle count' from 6 to 4, this can have a negative
 effect on performance depending on your environment, everything else being
 equal, more spindles is generally better.

Jim Sanders
Is there Life after HP3000?