HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 2

Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:36:00 -0800
     Ken-

     Thanks for the followup.  Tony Furnivall is leading this effort, so
     you could check with him for the latest status...Kriss Rant

Subject: User-financed enhancements ??
Author:  Non-HP-ksletten ([log in to unmask]) at hp-boise,uugw7
Date:    11/12/97 8:57 AM

Something just reminded me:  Back most of three months
ago now at HP World - Chicago, both HP and (to some
extent) Interex said they would look into some form of
user-financed enhancement process for MPE and MPE
sub-systems.  Subsequently Harry Sterling mentioned it
in what appeared to be a favorable light in an interview with
the 3000 NewsWire.  However, to date I have not seen or
heard anything that would indicate that any progress has
been made towards implementation (which of course does
not necessarily mean there has been a lack of progress;
only that I have not heard anything about it).

Whatever the case might be, I would respectfully suggest
to both HP and Interex that this is something for which time
is of the essence...  Maybe someone from HP could give us
an update on how this is going ??...

Ken Sletten