HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 2

From:
Joe Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 07:46:56 -0800
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone know of a way to get data that is on a reel tape past another
job that written to this tape.  I have a set of 4 tapes of archive records
and the 4th tape was carelessly used by a past employee on another tape job.
Now I am left with trying to restore as manyrecords as possible, and
everything that I have tried so far is failing.  I am trying to use FCOPY
with SKIPEOF=+(I have gone from 1 to 12 on this parm), and I can't get
passed what was last written to tape.

I might be SOL, but I am desperately grasping at straw's and willing to try
anything.

Joe Elliott
System Manager
Pierce College
9401 Farwest Drive SW
Lakewood, WA 98498-1999  USA
253.964.7340
253.964.6770

"If there were no users my life could be boring and less stressful"

Note:  Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments are purely my OWN
            and in NO WAY express the opinions of my employer.