HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 2

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:14:05 -0500
A     <<All that rhetoric sniped>>

Windows'95 is NOT stable.   If you want to compare it to MPE,
compare it to MPE 1 (went down every hour).

The vendor - Bill Gates'  minions - put out crap for us to use.
Here is an example.

1.  Ihave Windows'95 runnning on a well loaded HP Vectra 486/66
(17 inch monitor and all that).

2.  Download MS Interent Explorer, Version 4.

3.  It is FULL of bugs.

4.  Take out Outloook express - who needs it.

5.  Still problems

4.  I hear "Get a new system that old one is a clunker".
  Well, I don't buy a new car every two years and
damned if I want to spend a few G's on a new PC.  If
MS can't do a good job on the old ones, will they do any
better on the new ones?

Regards,

Nick - wish there was a reasonable alternative -Demos

My opinions are my own and I stand behind them.

Performance Software Group
Tel. (410) 788-6777 Fax (410) 788-4476