HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
Ken Burden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Burden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 20:05:48 GMT
Lee Courtney ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Not on PA-RISC. APL was available up through Series III, but required special
: microcode. There was also some product reliability problems and I believe HP
: was actually sued (and lost), and APL was dropped.

One of my 1st encounters with HP3000s was on a Series II in the late 1970s.
I had no training on the box and shortly crashed the box by trying to run
APL on the system which did not have the required FW.  This took all of about
30 minutes my very first time on the box.  Needless to say, it left a lasting
impression :-).

Ken Burden
VCD Telecom
212-3125