HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 23:32:17 -0800
Michael Anderson wrote:

> Every time the batchjob starts a process up with a STDIN & STDLIST
> redirected to a specific LDEV a REPLY is generated on the system
> console. I had this problem once before, but I can't remember how I got
> around it, that was on a classic 3k anyway.
>
> All comments will be humbly accepted.

Have you tried "Associating" the LDEV in question to a specific user?
{[A reply will still be generated, but it will be sent to the user in
question, and if your shop is a big enough bureaucracy (or unionized),
it won't be YOUR problem to answer the Reply!  (hehehehe)]  The user in
question must be logged on and have issued the "Associate" command in
order for him to receive these messages and must also have access to the
"Associate" & "Reply" commands and should also have access to the
"Recall" command in case he loses it off his screen.}

--
Tracy Johnson
Minister of Propaganda, Justin Thyme Productions