HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
Brian Manley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Manley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 17:36:50 -0700
Hey all...

To re-cap, I was having problems with ODBCLink being very, very, VERY slow
on my NT machine.  Being the daring sort, I decided to start nosing around
in the system registry to see what I could see.  I can across the reg. settings
for the ODBC driver and decided I'd have a little fun with 'em .

The "AutoConnect" property was set to "ON", so I turned it "OFF". Viola!
Speedy ODBC just like mom used to make.  Just for kicks, I decided to
turn AutoConnect back to "ON", expecting to return to slow and go
ODBC. Oddly enough, the darn thing still worked fine! What gives?
Perhaps a hidden garbage character in the initial "ON" string?

I'm completely baffled, but happy nonetheless since my beloved
ODBC seems to be working. Thanks to all for your kind suggestions.

Regards,
Brian

R. Brian Manley             brianm "at" exegesys.com
eXegeSys, Inc.              801-538-0222