HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 09:19:52 -0800
This is something a lot of sites are looking at doing... We are a BiTech site...
HP 3000 version of their software and they have something that allows writing
the reports out to the CD ...

Also if nothing else use the "Put head against wall and Push method...the wall
will eventually come down"   Copy the Spoolfiles to a CD Rom.

<<<< Possible Plug Alert >>>>
You might also give Estano Consultants, Inc. a Call...(503)644-7796
www.estano.com as they do this type of stuff.... they know HP 3k's for sure!
Craig Estano, the owner, is a former ORERUG President!

Art "For this I got up? hehehe" Bahrs

>>> John W Pickering <[log in to unmask]> 11/03/97 08:37am >>>
As part of a project to unplug an AS/400 after moving the applications to  =

a 3000 (hey Alfredo - is this worth an Adager cube? :-), I need to
satisfy the accountants' needs to preserve access to past financial data.  =

They threatened to print detailed lists of the general ledger for the
last 5 years until they realized this would amount to several boxes of
11x17 fanfold per year, per division and require an extra operator just
to tend to the printer.

Can anyone comment on the feasibility of putting the above spool files on  =

CD? Price? Sources?

John "another one bites the dust" Pickering
JWP Systems Inc
Toronto