HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
DEACONxx64 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DEACONxx64 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 12:28:19 GMT
I NEED HELP.
I am trying to convert an existing HP2562c serial interface printer to a
 network printer.  It is attached to a HP3000 S/969 - KS220 running NBSPOOL to
 do network printing.
I thought the easiest way would be to get a parallel interface card for the
 printer and attach to an external HP JetDirect box.  No luck.  I am looking
 for anyone who has done this that can send me the steps necessary to get it
 running.  I think my main problem is the front panel config settings on the
 printer.  When I connect the JetDirect to the printer and run a selftest (from
 the jetdirect) I get one line of garbage and nothing else.  If I switch
 theJetDirect to an Okidata printer, the selftest runs fine.  I have had the
 response center involved, a CE on site (with numerous cards and reasons
 (excuses) for why it doesn't work.
My next step is to try a serial to parallel convertor before I attach to the
 JetDirect.

All of the people I talk to (HP, my CE, my VAR) say it will (should) work with
 no problem, however, I am still sitting here with a printer that won't work
 and a leased line charge every month for one printer.

Any and all help would be appreciated (especially detailed steps and part #s,
 etc.)

I can be reached at the following e-mail addresses:
[log in to unmask]     or       [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance,
Joe Moyer