HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
Frank da Cruz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank da Cruz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 14:01:02 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Cas Caswell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
: : I want to write a command file that will telnet to a Unix server and then
: : run a script.  I can't figure out how, though.  I tried building a file of
: : commands and running Telnet with the file as stdin.  This worked until the
: : connection to the remote machine was made.  No input from stdin is read
: : again until the connection ends.
:
: : How can I automate things after that point?  Any help would be appreciated.
:
:  Well you can't get there from here. sorry.
:
You need a Telnet client that has a built-in script language.  C-Kermit fills
the bill quite nicely on UNIX (including HP-UX of course), VMS, AOS/VS,
Stratus VOS, OS-9, Plan 9, and lots of other platforms: it's a Telnet client
as well as a serial communications program, fully scriptable, can transfer
files, and can translate character sets between unlike platforms.  It's
written in C and is highly modular and portable.  Any HP-3000 expert who would
like to look into porting it to MPE, give me a buzz.

- Frank da Cruz <[log in to unmask]>