HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
Raymond Roesch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Raymond Roesch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 16:30:59 +0100
When starting sj.pl trough my internet browser the Apache server reports
an error:
Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [log in to unmask] and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

The server logfile reports
[Thu Nov  6 09:32:01 1997] access to /APACHE/PUB/cgi-bin/sj.pl
 failed for rr.sws.ch, reason: Premature end of script headers

My Perl Script is
#!/bin/perl
#
# print your HTTP headers here
#

print 'Content-type: text/html

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Title</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>jobs</H1>
<PRE>
';
system( "callci sj" );
print '
</PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>
';

In the cgi-bin there was a shell script that worked
#!/bin/sh

cat - <<EOF

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>:showjob</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>:showjob</H1>
<PRE>
EOF

callci showjob

cat - <<EOF
</PRE>
</BODY>
</HTML>
EOF

Can anybody tell my what the difference is and
why http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#premature-script-headers
doesn't help?

TIA
Raymond Roesch