HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 09:53:00 -0400
To Lenoard, George and the list....

<soapbox>
Someone sent a message to the list *instead* of George requesting the
graphic.  I don't remember who.  Even though George had to explicity send
the graphic to the list, I think that the request that came out on
hp3000-l *may* have influenced George to send it to the list.  George, if
I am wrong, let me know!

George's original post offered the graphic if anyone requested him
directly for it.  I don't think the request should have gone to the list.

Before I get flammed (which I'm sure I will), I want to say that humor and
other off topic stuff valuable to my sanity.  And I don't consider the
hp3000 adds "off topic."  Also, my little message started the whole adager
cube vs. SMUG encyclopida thread which I have enjoyed.  But large
attachments can cause problems and are impossible in digest mode.

I'm just trying to say that if someone asks for a e-mail directly to them,
don't send it via the list.

</soapbox>

Thanks

/alan

Alan "getting my flame suit ready" Ambers

Leonard said......

> Please, please, please do not put attachments into posts for the
HP3000-L (and