HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 08:53:36 +0100
There appears to be some problems with circular files on MPE/iX 5.5 (yes, I
know, most sane people don't use them right?). There has been a patch in
Beta test at HP since October 2nd which is supposed to solve the problems
(MPEJXD7). The problems identified so far are a System Abort 619, Subsystem
143 when writing to a temporary circular file using a file equation
although it doen't seem to be consistent and I haven't identified the exact
environment that causes the problem. I haven't been able to recreate the
problem at will but have identified another "feature" which is that a
circular file, whether built temporary or permanent, using the defaults but
specifying an EOF of 51 or less, works okay until the file is filled and
then it deletes all the records exept the last one ?? Has anyone else had
fun with circular files?

Cheers,
John Dunlop