HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:12:19 +0000

There is a solution that achieves the same result, just as simply, specifically
for the HP 3000.

<<Plug Alert>>

Millennium Rx effectively does the same thing.

In the IBM situation, the program needs to be changed, adding that clause to the
 PIC field.  Then the program needs to be compiled.

Millennium Rx intercepts DBGET and passes an 8 digit date where a 6 digit date
is stored.  This is invoked by running the application program with the MRx XL.
Since the program is now being passed an 8 digit date the data division needs to
 be changed from PIC X(6) to PIC X(8).  Of course the program needs to be
compiled in the Millennium Rx case as well.  With Millennium Rx this works using
any programming language.

<<End of Plug>>

Gordon Croston
Genesee Software,Inc.
7977 South Wabash Court                         (303) 850-9128
Englewood, CO  80112                            (303) 771-0717 fax
PostHaste, MailMessenger, MailEmpower, MillenniumRx, Monarch

<[log in to unmask]> writes