HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
"Gary L. Biggs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary L. Biggs
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 14:32:25 -0600
You will need to request/download and install the latest ALLBASE patch.

These can be found on the ESC and will have patch id's that begin
with SQL. Be aware, however, that the latest Allbase patch A.g2.00
is having some difficulty installing over older versions of allbase.
When I installed the latest patches, I booted from my FOS, applied
my subsys and express 2 tapes and then applied a number of reactive
patches to remove all of the Image B-Trees beta from the LAB. I installed
just fine. A customer of mine, tried to update ALLBASE 10 days ago, and
failed with a linkedit error during the patch installation process due to a
duplicate symbol in the XL. Bummer.... You will want to check with the
response center regarding the availability of good Allbase patches and
whether or not
you can install them successfully over your current version of SQL.

A final note, ALLBASE and IMAGE/SQL are VERY closely linked.

Running SQLMIG is about the only way you can tell the two products
apart. SQLMIG returns a tacky 'error' message if you are on IMAGE/SQL
about a missing ALLBASE license. You will also get error messages
if you try to build a tablespace.