HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
"Denys P. Beauchemin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 13:24:07 -0600
I see that Joseph has chosen to copy parts of my answer to him and send it
to the list.  I apologize to everyone for not posting that answer to him to
the list, as I thought, and still think this discussion is totally
off-topic and I did not want to inconvenience the list with wild arguments
and ranting.

My reply to Joseph was directly to him with a copy to Joe Geiser.  I
thought I had made a mistake and I checked my sent items, and indeed it is
recorded that I only sent to Joseph and Joe.  In light of this incident and
a few other breaches of netiquette which have occurred on this list in the
recent past, I would like to propose the following.

If someone receives a reply directed solely at them or just a few people,
this person should get the permission of the author before posting the
message or parts thereof to the list.

In the current case, Joseph cannot say that he simply hit the "reply all"
button, he had to add the address of the list and also delete Joe Geiser
from the envelope of the message I sent to them only.  It also bothers me
that he left out what I consider the good parts of my answer and only
posted what he chose.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP America, Inc.
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
[log in to unmask]                             www.hicomp.com