HP3000-L Archives

November 1997, Week 1

From:
Steve Weisbrod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Weisbrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 12:23:29 -0500
<snip>

>         Is rebooting the norm or the exception?
>
>                 ...   Same take-off as the other Adager ads, mentioning
>                 that rebooting the HP3000 is the exception, etc.,
>                 because the HP3000 is an exceptional machine, and so
on...

> Happy copywriting, folks.  Everyone is doing a great job!  Now, if I can
> only dig out some graphics...

Hey Alfredo,
Maybe your graphics could consist of the things we (HP3K'ers) get to do
while everyone else is re-booting or whatever those people have to do to
manage an 'unreliable' system. Maybe some photos of 'real-time' people
doing their 'sparetime' things. For instance, I spend several hundred hours
a season 'on the hill' as a ski patroller instead of spending my time
"baby-sitting a sick system". Art (hehehe) is an instructor with the Oregon
(I guess) National Guard. Chuck Chilcott, an HP3K I.S. Director in New
York, spends most weekends as a sailboat race official on Lake Erie...
there's got to be a bunch of people out there who get to do really cool
stuff because their HP3Ks will let them have a life.

"MPE... the benevolent operating system"

Steve Weisbrod
Beechglen Development, Inc.
Cincinnati, Ohio
513 922 0509