HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 5

From:
"SIMPKINS, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SIMPKINS, Terry
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:04:00 +0000
I am trying to configure a DTC as "switchable" and can't get the "second"
system to be recognized by the DTC.
Here are the particulars:
sysA = 959/200 running 5.5
sysB = 922 running 5.5
DTC = DTC16 (one card with 8-25 pin ports)

I have configured the DTC in NMMGR on both systems.
I gave the DTC the same "DTC NODE NAME" on both systems.
I used the same profiles on both systems "DUALTERM" (supplied with system)
and I have double checked the MAC address on the unit and what is listed in
NMMGR
    on both systems.

I did a reset on the DTC from sysB and it "timed out", which indicates the
system can't "see" it.

This DTC has been working fine on sysA for months.  It still seems to be
working fine on sysA,
I just can't get to sysB.

Any Ideas on what I am doing wrong (or have failed to do....)

Terry Simpkins