HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 4

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:35:33 -0700
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Stigers, Greg ~ AND wrote:

> Short answer: LaserROM, Native Mode Spooler Reference Manual, Chapter 3
> Configuring and Operating Network Printers. Told me almost everything I
> needed. For convenience, we also use ASOCTBL to allow the manager of an
> application's account to manage the printers used by that application.

This is a new 918 purchased from "somewhere other than
HP", and what LaserROM... what Documentation?  Apparently if they are
wanted they must needs be purchased separately, the customer has not
received them by default.  All the customer got was:

3 volumes of Error Messages
2 volumes of Commands
1 Configuring Systems for yada,yada and other Serial Devices
1 System Startup, Configuration, & Shutdown Reference Manual
1 Getting Started booklet.
1 700/96 Booklet
1 MPE/iX HP3000 Series 99X Software Startup Manual
1 Cabinet Installation Guide
1 Task Reference booklet
1 Understanding Your System booklet
1 Commands Reference booklet
1 Troubleshooting  Terminal, Printer and other Serial Device Connections.

All in a 12" x 12" x 8" box.

I don't believe HP sends the quantity of default documentation it used to.

Tracy Johnson
Minister of Propaganda, Justin Thyme Productions
"Semper Pollus"
 ADC-2239-5531