HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 4

From:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 06:00:14 +0200
Wirt waxed eloquently about the new B-tree features in TurboImage, and I
can't wait to try these. They'll replace at least four KSAM files that
our system uses to look up members by name and partial name, and the
possibilities with numeric fields are exciting.

I presume the B-tree index is maintained automatically, like all
TurboImage keys/search items, but I would like to know what the
performance hit will be. I know it can't be as bad as maintaining KSAM
files in parallel with TurboImage.

Have you done any benchmarks, Wirt?

Regards

Neil Harvey