HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 4

From:
Tim Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 15:57:55 -0700
Hello everyone,

We have used Road Runner with much success for a few years now, and when
we converted from BackPack/XL I set up a command file to run 'RR;PARM=1'
so we could continue to use the 'standard' STORE/RESTORE command format
(although all jobs were updated to use the 'native' RoadRunner syntax).

In March we upgraded from version 4.5.7 to 4.6.5, and in June to version
4.6.6.  We started getting unusual errors whenever we used wildcards in
the 'PARM=1' interface, and in a call to Unison today we found out that
they no longer support that interface!

I don't know if anyone else has run into this (if they even use the
'PARM=1' interface), but I am wondering if this is truly true.  We are
certainly able to learn the 'native' syntax, it's much easier on our
operators, however, to have just one syntax to learn.

Any responses/ideas appreciated!

    My mind is my own, as are my ideas and opinions.
    My heart, body, and soul, however, all belong to others.    Tim.
    Tim Ericson            tericson   (503) 526-4440 (direct number)
    Sr. Programmer/Analyst  @denkor   DenKor Dental Management Corp.
      (& Systems Manager)    .com      (aka Willamette Dental Group)
                                      http://www.teleport.com/~dental