HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 4

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 07:30:47 -0800
Ted Ashton wrote:

> >... most popular version, devised by Archbishop James Ussher in 1650
> >
> > I've been looking through my edition of the King James Bible, I can't
> > find anywhere the inclusion of this date as stated above.  Can anyone
> > tell me what page it's on?
> >
> As a serious answer to a tongue-in-cheek question, it obviously isn't in there.

Of course it was tongue in cheek.  But I noticed the above blanket
statement of fact included in Stephen Gould's post that obviously wasn't
true.  It needed correction by humor.  I might not even have bothered if
had used the word "some" instead of "nearly all".  Or the word
"editions", since there have only been newer translations since that
time, not editions.
--
Tracy Johnson
Minister of Propaganda, Justin Thyme Productions