HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 4

From:
Eric Bender <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Bender <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:01:44 -0500
At 09:02 AM 10/28/97 -0500, Ted Ashton wrote:
>Thus it was written in the epistle of Tracy Johnson,

                  <snip>
>> I've been looking through my edition of the King James Bible, I can't
>> find anywhere the inclusion of this date as stated above.  Can anyone
>> tell me what page it's on?

                   <snip>

>As a serious answer to a tongue-in-cheek question, it obviously isn't in there.

                   <final snip>

Don't be so sure. Of course, the date of creation isn't included in the text
itself but many older bibles have such dates annotated beside the text
itself, Archbishop Ussher's time sequencing being considered by many as, uh,
gospel.

(Incidentally, had I but known that the world had ended Sunday, I certainly
would not have rushed back from a mini-vacation on the Maine coast yesterday
to snow-covered Montreal. That'll just teach me to keep up with my email
when away from the office...)