HP3000-L Archives

October 1997, Week 4

From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:43:35 -0700
>>                                          Normal end of process
>>
>> <at this point the page ejects and turns to portrait>
>>
>> Changing capacity of PAYDB13.PDATAB11......
>>
>> -----
>> Why would it do that?  It also does that just after:
>>
>> "END OF PROGRAM"
>>
>> (I've always got page ejects at this point before but I didn't
>> think it would also change the orientation.)
>>
>> Tracy Johnson
>> Minister of Propaganda, Justin Thyme Productions
>> "Semper Pollus"
>>  ADC-2239-5531

Tracy-

A number of programs (and it seems that only HP itself does this) send and
escape E when the terminate.  This does a reset on the printer, which
changes it back to the default settings.  It sure would be nice if these
programs quit doing that, huh?

Gary Jackson
Nevada CSOS
(916) 478-6407 - voice